Saturday, November 08, 2008

Losing a friend

I suppose we have grown apart, but it really sucks. I guess because I don't have kids, not a soccer mom, don't enjoy shopping, don't enjoy drinking to get drunk, I guess we don't have anything in common anymore. Nothing but a couple of the most important people in my heart. I miss the whole family but especially the kids. I am not sure what exactly happened. She has admitted on more than one occasion that she "sucky friend". This is not new. More than once our friendship has been overtaken by the "flavor of the month". It has pretty much happened our whole lives. I am reminded of this by other friends and family, hers and mine. It still sucks to not know what is going on in their lives, good, bad, and indifferent. We used to talk daily and now it is a text now and again usually initiated my me. I am not sure what to do, let it go, hope she comes back, or confront and maybe never have it again.
Thanks for letting me vent.

4 comments:

The Young Ones said...

I know it hurts to "lose a friend", you are probably like me and try try again until you are spent. I keep trying but know that there is never going to be a satisfactory end. You have been friends for so long but if all it does is frustrate you, is it really worth it? Be friends on her accord and see how frequent it is. Or keep on truckin' and remain how it is now. What feels better? Love you, Miss T

KelKel said...

Thanks Miss T.
It is hard the hardest is not being a part of the kids lives as much.
Love you too.

Schmoopie said...

She's lost, and will find her way back sometime. Maybe.

It's still a friendship but it has changed. She is one who never realizes what she has until it's gone. Then she makes it about herself. Sad but true.

Love you and miss you terribly!

KelKel said...

Schmoop, It is all bout her 75% of the time I guess I just think ad do more for myself lately and realize this characteristic in others now.
Miss you too!