Sunday, October 29, 2006

To buy or not to buy....

I need a new car but don't have the friggin' money for the taxes right now for the car I want. I had a major melt down with R. the other night pretty much letting him know that he is the reason that I can't get the car I want. I WILL NOT SETTLE AGAIN FOR SOMETHING I DON'T WANT. I am tired of driving that piece of crap that I drive now. I don't feel safe in it and am sure it will break down any day. So, do I go the home equity route? The wipe out savings and use the credit card route? I have been so uptight about this I am blowing other crap in my life totally out of the water and I can't do that. P. gave me some great advice and said sometimes we just need to bite the bullet among other things. This a pretty big bullet and I like my mouth, I use it a lot but, if it blows up in my face it could solve another of my big issues in life!!!!!!

4 comments:

Schmoopie said...

Can you not finance the taxes as a part of your loan? That is what we do. The loan holder pays the taxes, and you get to walk away having to put little or nothing down. Maybe you can't in MO. I hope things settle down soon. Now that R. is working maybe it will ease up. I miss you and hope you are okay. I am thinking of you. Have a wonderful day!

Stucco said...

Cars depreciate, while homes (normally) appreciate. I think given our recent experience with home sellinng, now is not the time to screw with your home equity.

Schmoopie said...

Spill the beans about the ghosts girl!

Unknown said...

Yeah yeah yeah! Ghosts!!!!