Thursday, November 02, 2006

Haunted Tour Part 1


This last Sat. I got to got on a haunted tour of Alton IL. It is one of the most haunted cities in the U.S. One of the ladies I work with lives in Alton and runs a tour on the weekends. Her web site is www.mineralspringshauntedtours.com Anyway we had a beautiful clear night. It started at 7:30 with dinner and a lecture of some of the history of Alton. First let me back up because one of the girls went downstairs to use the bathroom (alone) and came back and said there was a really bad smell and to be careful because the exhaust fan could suck you up alive! So, when the tour guide was done talking he brought out some crushed jasmine for us to smell. The girl who had gone down to the bathroom said "That is the smell I smelled on my way out of the bathroom, but there was something awful before it, I thought you had pot pouri in there" He said "No, she's already here." And so he told us the beginning of the story of the Jasmine lady. Her spirits lives at the Mineral springs mall now. It was once a thriving hotel where she and her lover would come. Her husband followed her one weekend and found out about them and pushed her down the staircase where she died. She followed us around the hotel ALL night. I smelled her myself. (more later)
My first pictures were in the dining room, random shots, a few orbs here and their. I really didn't see them that night when I reviewed them.
Then we went outside to start the tour. We went down Main street and our tour guide told us about some of the (now antique shops) places along the way that are said to have spirits inside. Things happen like merchandise is moved around at night, computer are on in the morning, etc. We went across the street towards a beautiful mansion that had been turned into a TB asylum. This is where I took a picture and saw my first orbs and mist.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

COOL!

More, more!

KelKel said...

Thanks Nancy more coming sooon!

Schmoopie said...

Scary! I'd rather wet myself than go down to the bathroom alone!