Friday, November 03, 2006

Haunted Tour Part 2





So, next we went up the hill towards this beautiful mansion that was turned into a TB asylum at some point. As, we stand outside he tells us that a little girl was also brought here to live because she was being abused by her family and she died here at a young age but she was very happy here because she led such a happy life being here rather than with her abusive family, how sad!
He explained to us at this time about the whole idea that spirits/ghosts are mostly believed to come from the point when a person dies and your soul leaves your body and your guardian angel/spirit guide/what ever you believe/ comes to take you to the other side "misses" and the two of you don't meet. Therefore, the spirit ( I will call it) is left to roam around. It is left the age at which it dies and it wants us to know it is still around. That is why some people are able to see them, smell them, feel them, or hear them. (sometime all 4) The majority of spirits are harmless and just pull "pranks" to let you know they are with you.
O.K. Got a little off track there but I got a whole new perspective on spirits that night and am totally enthralled, except when he brought up the fact that when we were about to go into the basement of the old mansion/TB asylum that there was also a cat spirit in there and that people were know to have heard it and that don't be surprised if you felt something rub up against your leg. This brought a loud "OH, HELL NO! " out of big ass mouth. But of course I went on in.
Under the mansion/TB asylum are also tunnels once thought to be used for the underground railroad. LOTS of orbs down there
AND SOME BAD MOJO............
(note that all the pictures taken in the tunnels are taken in the dark and the orb ont the space heater is there on the way into the tunnel but not on the way out---if you can click on the pictures and make them bigger the orbs appear better--same with last post--you can really see the mist above the fence on the last picture if you enlarge it)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. You got some great shots.

Could you see the mist over the fence when you were looking at it or did it just show up on the film?

Ghost cat - one used to curl up at my feet every Holloween morning and wake me up. It went away when I got a real cat (Poe), and came back after he died.

I have a second cat now who never sleeps on the bed -- except Halloween mornings.

KelKel said...

We saw none of it until I reviewed the pictures after the shots. The mist I actually didn't see until I downloaded them onto my laptop and really got a chance to look at them.

Ghost animals---I think would really freak me out, I'm not sure why.

Schmoopie said...

It looks like someone is peeking over the fence in the last post's picture! I love that old building. The only "encounter" with a spirit that I have had was about 15 years ago. I could have sworn I heard my mother's voice whisper my name at our apt. on 18 West Arkansas. I haven't heard it, or anything else since.

Unknown said...

More more more! :-)

Stucco said...

Where was Geraldo?