Saturday, December 09, 2006

???? The title

I named the blog because my intentions were to write about my "ups and downs" of dieting.
I haven't written a word about it.
I go to W.W. on Sat. and it has truly changed my life. As of today I have lost 74.2 pounds since the beginning of this year. I started in earnest going to meetings etc. around April.
I don't consider it a "diet" but a way of life. Which is why I think is why it is finally clicking this time.
People who do not have obese weight problems do not understands the milestones that come with losing 70+ pounds. Moving the car seat to a "normal" upright position and closer to the wheel, dropping 2 clothes sizes, your shoes fit better, you can sit in a booth at a restaurant instead of waiting for a table to become available, you just can't imagine the things everyone else takes for granted that I fret over on a daily basis are getting easier.
I have great support from the girls that go with me on B. and P. and I also always have neverending support from Schmoopie-Thanks, I love you.

7 comments:

Schmoopie said...

I am your "cheerleader for life!" No matter what you weigh or how you look, I don't care. What matters is whether my best friend feels good about herself and is happy with who she is. Love you, Kelkel!

Schmoopie said...

Where did you go kelkel? You need to post pics of you and R. and Jilly! You are such a cute family. :)

Schmoopie said...

Really now! It's been over a month. WHERE ARE YOU? Hee! Hee! Just checking to see if you still pay attention to this blog. I do!

Unknown said...

hi. :-)

Schmoopie said...

Hello again! Did you go to Trader Joes?

Schmoopie said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Schmoopie said...

Happy Birthday Kelkel! Love ya!